Thursday, November 27, 2014

Veena Malik Punish 26 year.

Veena Malik on blasphemy charge: I will never offend my religion..!!

Controversy seems to follow Pakistani actor Veena Malik no matter where she is. On Tuesday (November 25), the actor, her businessman husband Asad Bashir Khan, and Mir Shakil-ur-Rahman, the CEO of Pakistani media house GEO TV, were sentenced to 26 years of imprisonment by an anti-terrorism court for playing a religious song during her mock wedding on the channel last year. In an interview to us, Veena says she hasn’t done anything offensive. 

“We will file a petition in higher courts because we have not done anything wrong. I am sure everything will be fine,” says Veena, while speaking to us over the phone. A fine of 1.3 million Pakistani rupees has also been imposed on them.

As part of the mock wedding broadcast, Veena is seen dancing with her husband, while Sufi musicians sing the religious song in the background. The actor, however, says, “My husband and I were on a show where they played the song, but it has been played hundreds of times before. I am a true-born, educated Muslim, and I come from a good family. I cannot even think of offending my religion.”

Veena feels that people are trying to use her name for their own advantage, and are conspiring against her for publicity. “The moment my name gets involved in something, it becomes big. They have created fake cases all over Pakistan. There should be just one FIR in this matter, but unfortunately, there are hundreds of FIRs against us in the same case,” says Veena, adding that it is also unfair to not target others who attended the TV wedding. “There were 200 guests on the show; there were more people as well. How can they (the court) only hold me wrong? Others were also party to the crime. I have not done anything wrong. This is just media hype,” she says.

The actor says that she had put in a plea for time to return to Pakistan (after giving birth) to sort the matter, but the proceedings continued in her absence. “I was pregnant when I was told of this. I told the authorities to wait till December so that I can also present my side in front of the court, but they went ahead when I was not even present in Pakistan,” she says. 

No comments:

Post a Comment